Friday, August 22, 2014

1/72 diorama, "Constantinople 1453" "Istanbul 1453" (by Artar İncidüzen)



Hi there,

a historical diorama page again ..

Artar is a historical figure / diorama modellers and I wanted to share this work for a long time.

A great effort and a long-running operation. Great result, congratulations !!
And welcome to "miniafv" Artar..
Enjoy.
.
Erhan...

Artar's personal blog name is "medievaldio72" click please for other diorama  http://medievaldio72.blogspot.com.tr/

*********************************************************************************

Constantinople 1453

Building this diorama was my chilhood dream. It is reason for me to start model making. Every model and diorama I did in the past was a preparation for this.


When I felt I was experienced enough I started to read books about siege. I read about ten books of history, architecture, novel, biography etc and I watched documentaries, visited museums. I have
advantage to live in İstanbul. So I could see, touch and examine the walls. 


I prepared plans by autocad (Yes, I learnt to use it for this diorama too) and started to build. It took 3 years as I have a fulltime job. 




Building a diorama such this is a great satisfaction for me. I hope you will have same pleasure when you see it.
Artar Inciduzen..




Technical details:
-1/72 scale
-196cm x 76cm,
-90m of Constantinople land walls
-325 figures (original and converted) mostly 1/72 some 22 and 25mm
-producers : miniart, zvezda, italeri, redoupt, hinds, orion, strelets,accurate,hat,old glory,irregular etc.
-except heavy bombard and gabions, everything is scratch built.




























Artar's blog http://medievaldio72.blogspot.com.tr/



9 comments:

  1. Very impressive - about a million details to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uzun suredir aklimdaydi yayinlamak , bencede harika oldu

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats amazing works, so there's a way to visit and see this works? I want to see it with my own eyes :) if I can visit, please give email or contacts? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anonymous
      if you give your address maybe Artar send a message ;)

      Delete
    2. my email adress is felix.siauw@gmail.com, please contact me, I'll visit Istanbul in this March, hope to see this great works :)

      Delete
  4. Outstanding modelling. I have been and seen the walls as well and have a few books about the siege myself. It has always been a dream of mine to actually play this period but I have never had the opportunity. Again outstanding work.

    Regards

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete

free counters